Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I must buy a lottery ticket.

Occasionally I seek sustenance from the vending machine down the hall. In search of pretzels, I headed there today.

As I fed my money into the slot, I noticed that one tasty snack had gotten snagged on the curlicue that feeds the vended item forward. Behind it was a package of Reese's peanut butter cups (one of AP's favorites). What the hell, I thought, and punched the number for the Reese's. Bingo! One package of Reese's plus a free extra snack.

Then I put my money in for the pretzels, and the little curlicue fed them forward. They fell down on top of the Reese's and the free snack... and a bag of chips that someone forgot to remove from the machine! I returned to my office with a full four day's supply of treats.

I feel a little bad that I have benefited from someone else's misfortune, but not bad enough to stop eating.

5 comments:

McJiffers said...

That, my friend, is the way to be.

Anonymous said...

You're spiraling out of control, pull up, pull up!

--AB

Anonymous said...

our machine is like that. I take enough to buy two treats since the first one gets stuck. then I pay for the second, get both, and give one to the student on the bench since I would never be able to stash it away for another day.

Anonymous said...

You're correct - run out and buy a lottery ticket! It's obviously your lucky day!

Anonymous said...

Guilt is a wasted emotion...especially when food is concnerned ;-) JDGUT