- All around the blogosphere, grouchy professors are meeting their students for the first time.
- LSU is on the quarter system. We still have a month before they come back.
- I am on sabbatical this fall! I don't have to see 'em until January!
- After much agonizing, fighting, and hand-wringing, we have decided to upgrade our living arrangements. Yesterday we viewed a perfect big/little house out in the woods, but still as close to campus as we are now. I want this house so badly! Why?
- It's quirky. Must have lots of quirk in my house.
- Two working fireplaces.
- Two full bathrooms.
- Door to the back yard from the master bedroom. Can anyone say, "jacuzzi?" Anyone? Anyone?
- All one level, a huge monstrous basement, but the laundry is upstairs! Hooray!
- The Angry Family. Aren't they beautiful?

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Random happy stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
House sounds lovely, especially as is out in the woods! I hope you can get it.
Angry Family indeed just beautiful.
Angry Family is adorable.
Quirky houses are a big plus, as well!
I so, SO miss being on quarters. When I was in school, we were on that system; my alma mater changed to semesters a few years after I left. Ahhh. Quarters are just long enough to get all the learning crammed in, but not so long as to make profs insane. Lucky you, AP.
The Angry Family is cute as can be. I wish Angry Baker lots of grace and comfort in the months ahead.
beautiful family. hope you get your space.
I, too, am looking at quirky real estate--a historic house handmade by some body in the 1910s emulating houses he saw in Africa. May you get yours and I get mine.
Best to your darling darling family. My Homey's (husband) mother and grandfather all died of ALS. This disease not nearly rare enough.
I used to think that quarters would be too little time to really get stuff done, but I've really been enjoying the summer session teaching the last few years, precisely because the term is too short for students to forget stuff....
Awwwwwwwwwwww...
Angry Kid soesn't look so angry!
Cute family. Hope you got the house. I want to switch houses as we speak, for similar reasons. I'd have a larger mortgage than I do now, but on the other hand, could sell current house for more than the new one would cost.
Post a Comment