The weather here in Square State has been, well, interesting. While other areas of the country have had worse winter weather, we are uncomfortable but by no means experiencing what some might call disastrous conditions. If I still lived in Chicago, this weather would be typical for this time of year.
Even though we are all able to to get out for toilet paper, LSU bowed to the pressure of public opinion and closed down for a day. No, I am not particularly happy about the snow day. Because we are closed, I will miss a statistics lecture. Being on the quarter system, missing a lecture can really throw the schedule off.
Here comes the curmudgeonly part: we are already a day ahead of the syllabus in statistics. I was pleased about this. Now we are merely right on schedule.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm thinking of running for school board so I can start the process of firing the superintendent of our local school system, which I'm guessing is about 17 miles SE of LSU.
Kids are getting days off and freakin' two-hour delays for cold weather and a couple of inches of snow. In my day, quoth the curmudgeon, we went to school on time and in 8 inches of snow.
I am 99% certain I teach at the same LSU that you do, Angry.
I ended up slogging in to pick up the grading I hadn't taken home the night before. Missing the lecture has thrown everything off as well, and I've never seen the students so sluggish as they were the day thereafter.
Furthermore: where were the plows? Did someone not get the memo that LSU is in square state?
splitterny - my students, too, couldn't seem to wake up. And all the plowing of the main arteries in the world isn't going to help if they don't f***ing plow the f***ing secondary roads.
We're going to have to forge our filing cabinets into plowshares ... or something.
We have been having bad weather here at K-State lately, but unluckily for me they won't close down here.
I wish they would have shut down today though, because something knocked out the computer network on campus, and today was the one day that I had reserved the computer lab, so everybody got to leave because nobody could log on to the computers.
Mumbles.
Angry Professor -- I'm new to your site and hooked! (I did some excavating and found your fractured fairy tale...still wondering what angry princess's response was!) Looking forward to more.
A
Post a Comment