Just shoot me now. From Majikthise, a canine Clever Hans that found Jesus.
And the dog's owner is a physician. A physician who claims that when her dog growls at a visitor, "he is 'scolding' the visitor, letting the person know he or she isn't living as Christians should."
Holy Hippocrates, Batman!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Oh my Dog.
(sorry, couldn't resist. I'll leave your blog now...)
Wow. That's...interesting. I wonder if she can tell me what it means when my daughter's cat, Bitey, jumps up on someone's lap and shoves his ass in their face?
I'm sure it's a divine message of sorts...
I need to know the name of the doctor so I can avoid going to see him.
This kind of thinking is religious goofyness of the first order. Somehow imparting the power of God to a Dog would make me look out for incoming lightning bolts.
hahahaha this reminded me of an incident in my hometown.
Someone claimed to have seen the virgin mary's image on the side of a tim hortons.
Everyone in the town drove out to see this thing and it was broadcasted all over the evening news.
That tim hortons saw the best business they'd ever seen for about 3 weeks......until someone said "oh it was just dirt on a lightbulb"
People have blind spots. Even physicians. They may have bigger blind spots than most. And, no, premeds aren't required to take intro psych. Clever Hans wasn't mentioned in the mind committee, either.
Makes you realize that getting into or passing medical school must not always require critical thinking skills.
Seriously, a benevolent god would use a dog messenger rather than, say, dropping by and revealing a cure for AIDS, explaining the purpose behind designing Malaria, and stopping all the danged wars? What kind of god would that be?
"...he is 'scolding' the visitor, letting the person know he or she isn't living as Christians should," translates to, "I have dirty secrets, here's a diversionary tactic."
No?
So, what do you think is the godly message conveyed by Mitt Romney's dog shitting on his car?
also, since you're so good at dealing with religious nuts, how about dropping by the NEA Assembly in Philly and taking care of the "Educators save lives" (anti-choice), "Ex-gay educators" and creationists who have booths there?
yes but could the doctor's dog diagnose Terry Schiavo after having seen a 30-minute video tape of her on the senate floor? If not, the dog is probably just faking.
I have a pet pig who oinks when visitors misuse the subjunctive.
This is off-topic, AP, but I saw this article and thought of your trials and tribulations with those most transient inhabitants of academia - the undergrads.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/business/yourmoney/01pre.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
Cheers.
The sad part is the dog doesn't even need to be as gifted as Clever Hans was; most good trick trainers know several ways to teach a dog to appear as though he can read, or speak a foreign language, or do math. The difference is that they never claim the dog is anything but well-versed in a good trick.
A clever and responsive dog in the hands of either the deeply gullible or con artists. At least they're likely to take good care of him... assuming they don't let his burgeoning issue with territorial aggression grow into something he'll be destroyed for.
"I should have said maybe DiMaggio?"
I have a pet pig who oinks when visitors misuse the subjunctive.
Thanks, Franklin: that made me smile!
Post a Comment