Yesterday the Angry Kid used, in a grammatically correct way, the noun "crap" in a sentence. "Mom, where's the one with that plastic crap on it?"
Now she needs to learn the glorious grammatical flexibility of the verb "fuck."
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ah, yes, the beauty of an extended vocabulary at a tender age. It tends to freak people out.
Time for language immersion. English lacks suitable expressiveness.
The Quebecois have a wonderful relationship with the word "fuck." I never thought I would hear it conjugated as a french verb, but I am always amazed:
"C'est fucké, ça."
Translation: "It's broken."
I'll never forget driving down 53rd St. with 'Lil Norbert (aged 24 mos.) in the back seat. Someone pulled out in front of me, not looking where they were going, and I laid on the horn.
From the back seat I hear two crystal-clear words, "Fuh Que."
Hahahahahahaaaaa! It will indeed be interesting to see what her next "naughty word" will be. And it will be hilarious if that word is "fuck."
When the AK was tiny and just learning to talk, I was driving her home from daycare one afternoon when I realized she was happily singing a song to herself. The words were "Do Muh'Fucker! Do Muh'Fucker!" (over and over).
I realized she was singing "Frere Jacques," and the line "Dormez vous?" had been squished together with "Frere Jacques!" Hence "Do Muh'Fucker..." I don't think my mother-in-law heard it.
Ha ha ha. That's great.
The awesome thing about "fuck" is that it's not only a verb. It can be used as every part of speech. It is one of the only, if not the only words, that can be used as an "infix" ("Fanfuckingtastic"). Speaking as a grammar nerd, I must say that the sheer versatility of that word makes me giddy. It's so much fun.
Post a Comment