I hate them too.... as a debate coach, I had to use them because of the state contract. The one location that had vehicles I needed was so rude to me as to make me stop going there === and they had the nerve to claim that I was 'too much trouble.'
I used to travel a lot. I would pay extra to avoid Enterprise Rent a Car. They are a terrable company. Enterprise Rent a Car was greeted with sinckers and laughter around frequent travelers.
You have to wonder about a rent a car company that has TV ads where the car is wrapped in brown wrapping paper and tied up with cheap twine.
I once rented from Alamo and arranged a drop-off at a convenient city location. Printed out the map and directions to said location from the Alamo website.
Turns out the rental location didn't yet exist.
Now that was tricky situation. I'm quite proud that my boycott of them has held steady for five years already!
Sorry to hear your experience was so bad! (Suppurating is now the word of the day.)
I've only rented a car once in my life and I don't remember where it was from. But the company I used was great, aside from not having told me about the "younger than 25" fee and the fact that having to buy the insurance is the biggest crock of shit ever.
Course then there's U-Haul. A class of its own. To wit: there is an office in my town where you can drop off trucks but there is NEVER anyone there to rent one from.
I think they occasionally send someone to run the trucks elsewhere...
OK, now - tell us how you REALLY feel? And may I applaud you; I haven't heard anyone use "suppurating" in way too long. Yes, it IS the word of the day. There is simply not enough suppurating going on today.
I am a tenured faculty member at a large state university. My teaching efforts primarily consist of delivering statistics lectures to social science majors. These experiences have colored my perspective somewhat.
This blog is 100% FERPA compliant. It is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The Angry Professor is the creation of Mr. Norrell, who lives in Guam with four rhesus monkeys and a gecko. He has never taught at a university.
12 comments:
Thrifty seemed to work well for me once. Once.
I think Enterprise failed me, though.
Too bad. I do like Star Trek.
p.s. My word verification is CURSDD.
I hate them too.... as a debate coach, I had to use them because of the state contract. The one location that had vehicles I needed was so rude to me as to make me stop going there === and they had the nerve to claim that I was 'too much trouble.'
Oh, indeed.
Of course, almost all rental companies suck the big one -- it's just a matter of degree.
We KNEW that. They screwed me over badly in Baltimore. I got one from Nextcar instead, and saved $$$
Yep I agree...Hertz is sadly no better though!
I used to travel a lot. I would pay extra to avoid Enterprise Rent a Car. They are a terrable company. Enterprise Rent a Car was greeted with sinckers and laughter around frequent travelers.
You have to wonder about a rent a car company that has TV ads where the car is wrapped in brown wrapping paper and tied up with cheap twine.
I once rented from Alamo and arranged a drop-off at a convenient city location. Printed out the map and directions to said location from the Alamo website.
Turns out the rental location didn't yet exist.
Now that was tricky situation. I'm quite proud that my boycott of them has held steady for five years already!
Sorry to hear your experience was so bad! (Suppurating is now the word of the day.)
Wow. That's some fantastic alliteration.
I've only rented a car once in my life and I don't remember where it was from. But the company I used was great, aside from not having told me about the "younger than 25" fee and the fact that having to buy the insurance is the biggest crock of shit ever.
Course then there's U-Haul. A class of its own. To wit: there is an office in my town where you can drop off trucks but there is NEVER anyone there to rent one from.
I think they occasionally send someone to run the trucks elsewhere...
OK, now - tell us how you REALLY feel? And may I applaud you; I haven't heard anyone use "suppurating" in way too long. Yes, it IS the word of the day. There is simply not enough suppurating going on today.
Might I add that this is a fine use of alliteration?
I will quote you often.
Post a Comment