Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Saturday night and I ain't got nobody.

I'll be in Chicago this weekend. I notice that the spinach ricotta cheese pie is still on the menu at Dave's Italian Kitchen. Would anyone care to join me? How long is the wait for the purple line at Howard on Saturday nights these days?

9 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

I'm nowhere near Chicago...but damn, that pizza pie sounds heavenly.

Anonymous said...

The grad students of ASU's memory and language lab will be in Chicago this weekend, as well. We all follow your blog religiously and would love a slice of spinach pizza.

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Oh, Dave's. How I miss Dave's.

I so wish I were there and could go.

texasinafrica said...

I'll be there for a conference this weekend, too! Is there seriously a chance to meet the Angry Professor in real life?

Anonymous said...

The purple line is fairly reliable on weekdays, but on Saturday night it can take a while... I always make sure I dress warmly when I have to transfer.

Christina said...

The purple line is not too bad actually. It should not be too long of a wait. Just be sure to have a warm coat and some gloves at the very least.

You will actually be in my neck of the woods.

I have never been to Dave's and now I am very very tempted.

Another good place that I can recommend that is down the street is Tapas Barcelona if you want to get your Tapas on.

gay CME guy said...

Hi Angry Prof:

GDad referred me to your post. I am chagrinned that I don't know Dave's Kitchen.
Are you traveling to or from Evanston via Purple Line?
When tranferring to Purple Line (N-to Evanston, I always try to bank an additional 15 minutes to my expected destination ETA.
The Howard stop has been rebuilt/remodeled, but the neighborhood can still be a bit dicey.

Angry Professor said...

I leave tomorrow. Email me (at angry_professor at yahoo dot com) and we'll make plans that way.

Anonymous said...

I too was in Chicago for a conference this weekend. No doubt the same as the earlier commenter referencing memory talks. If you stopped by my poster, thanks for the feedback!

And I'll be sure to check here before heading to Boston next year.