An alternate candidate for the vertical axis would be the time-integral of the amount of Christmas "decoration" my neighbor has up. I don't know the proper generic quantification of Christmas "decoration" here, but anything that is inflated, moves, or makes noise at 4AM contributes very heavily.
Bless your heart, AP. My Xmas spirit is about to run out, too--not because of cooking or family, but because of all the crazy people in the stores and on the roads. {sigh]
Wait--did I miss your posting about going on sabbatical? WTF?
Congrats on the sabbatical, AP. I know you'll get a ton of research done, and enjoy the break from teaching. (I sure could use one now--even two months off for Summer Term wouldd help.)
And wouldn't you know it? My word verification is "minde." As in, "Let me go on sabbatical before I lose my ______." OK, it's the Shakespearean spelling.
@Miss Kitty, no, you didn't miss anything. Thanks; I'm optimistic that I'll get lots of work done.
@Comrade, they weren't fucking awesome. The recipe I used told me to add butter to the ganache. This made the middles too hard and hard to roll. Hence their turd-like appearance. But hell, chocolate is chocolate.
I am a tenured faculty member at a large state university. My teaching efforts primarily consist of delivering statistics lectures to social science majors. These experiences have colored my perspective somewhat.
This blog is 100% FERPA compliant. It is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The Angry Professor is the creation of Mr. Norrell, who lives in Guam with four rhesus monkeys and a gecko. He has never taught at a university.
9 comments:
An alternate candidate for the vertical axis would be the time-integral of the amount of Christmas "decoration" my neighbor has up. I don't know the proper generic quantification of Christmas "decoration" here, but anything that is inflated, moves, or makes noise at 4AM contributes very heavily.
The higher your christmas spirits, the less chocolate truffles look like turds? For realz?
Perhaps I should clarify... those are MY truffles, the ones I made this morning.
Not fun. Not fun at all.
Bless your heart, AP. My Xmas spirit is about to run out, too--not because of cooking or family, but because of all the crazy people in the stores and on the roads. {sigh]
Wait--did I miss your posting about going on sabbatical? WTF?
Congrats on the sabbatical, AP. I know you'll get a ton of research done, and enjoy the break from teaching. (I sure could use one now--even two months off for Summer Term wouldd help.)
And wouldn't you know it? My word verification is "minde." As in, "Let me go on sabbatical before I lose my ______." OK, it's the Shakespearean spelling.
You made your own fucking truffles!? Wow! Were they good?
@Miss Kitty, no, you didn't miss anything. Thanks; I'm optimistic that I'll get lots of work done.
@Comrade, they weren't fucking awesome. The recipe I used told me to add butter to the ganache. This made the middles too hard and hard to roll. Hence their turd-like appearance. But hell, chocolate is chocolate.
I just now noticed your sabbatical clock! Cool. Wait. Are you preg with a sib for AK? Prying minds......
@Jillie - No freakin' way!
Post a Comment