Monday, January 02, 2006
I was just getting started.
I am expected to deliver two lectures tomorrow. Prepared and thoughtful lectures, too. How tedious and unpleasant today is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The world needs ditch-diggers, too.
4 comments:
Despite the agonizing prep, I bet they'll be stimulating and insightful (as usual).
--AB
Ugh. Ugh. Wishing you fortitude.
Just dang! Y'all start early. Are you on the quarter system?
Not to gloat, but we don't go back until the 26th or so. Given that's I'm (as yet) untenured, this is great -- more time for research.
The best of the New year to all in the Angry Household.
Yes, we're on the quarter system. So we don't start until October in the fall, and we stretch into June in the spring. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little September to get some January or June back.
Going back to school the day after the (observed) New Year Holiday is freakish and weird. And I had no secretarial support trying to get the last-minute course things done before lecturing today. It was hell.
At ILU, we had "Winter break," the entire month of January to do whatever. I really miss that. I got tons of work done in January.
Post a Comment