Sunday, March 19, 2006

It took a little over an hour to stretch it out.

shawl
Here's my shawl blocking on my king-sized mattress. After exhausting my supply of sewing pins, I had to borrow all my neighbor's quilting pins, both straight and safety.

(This is Eugen Beugler's "Feather and Fan" pattern, from Meg Swanson's A Gathering of Lace. It took me about 5 months to complete.)

10 comments:

Rain said...

wow! that's beautiful.

Bardiac said...

Absolutely gorgeous! WOW!

And a great idea on the blocking, too!

Liz Miller said...

Holy guacamole. That is absolutely gorgeous.

Terminal Degree said...

Beautiful!

Angry Professor said...

Thanks! I didn't know it would be so nice; it looked so horrible on the needles. Now I just want to pack it away and never wear it. What if I snagged it on something, or if I dropped it in a puddle?

Anonymous said...

it's gorgeous!

Chaser said...

pretty! I'll wear it if you won't. :-). Always willing to help.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Hapto said...

Hello, congratulations on the feather and Fan shawl@ I'm just starting the second charts (and searching myself silly through google images)and I've been looking at finished projects to see which variation I want to do --- it seems like the "oatmeal detail pic pg 56" is the same as the "blue full page pic pg 57" and different than the "oatmeal pic pg 58"... (That or they photographed the detail of the part of the shawl that is from the 2B chart)

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what variation you used... and the difference in the final product :-) looks like you went with the "oatmeal/Chart 2A variety"... true? Thanks!

Angry Professor said...

Hi Hapto. It was the oatmeal shawl, if I recall correctly. The difference between the two patterns is that for the oatmeal shawl (2B? don't know where my book is right now), there is a faux-cable between each third (?) rib of the feather/fans. It's a cool little stitch, goes ss, k1 yo k1 sso. (If I remember correctly.)

Check carefully your version of the book. There were errors in the earlier published charts, but the publisher has the corrections on their website.

Happy knitting!