Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bad Kitty!

Christmas 126
Angry Predator found Mum's yarn stash. This is what I woke up to.

I went immediately to Target, bought $50 of plastic storage, and cleaned up the yarn closet. (Yes, I have a yarn closet. Doesn't everyone?)

20 comments:

Doctor Memory said...

Could have been worse: you could have ended up playing floss-the-cat, which happens every time our minipredators get into the yarn...

Comrade PhysioProf said...

Catson Pollock!

Shay said...

Are you sure you didn't take that photo yesterday morning in my spare room? Except the guilty party is orange, not grey.

B said...

At our house we have one specific ball of yarn that is the Kitty Yarn. The kitten knows better than to mess with any other yarn. Of course, it helps that most of it is either down in the basement, or up in my bedroom where the kitten isn't allowed to go.

Aidan said...

While hard to skin, the kitty, if simmered long enough, will tenderize nicely.

EmmaNadine said...

Hopefully none of that was a work in progress.

This photo also makes me think I should clean up my yarn stash.

Anonymous said...

How do you know he did it? Seems like circumstantial evidence to me.

Ianqui said...

Did the cat draw an abstract kitty with that yarn?!

Gayle said...

I love that Angry Predator shows no remorse and is even posing with his masterpiece.

Not Important said...

Angry Predator is just providing a small demonstration of his power. If he decided to go all-out, well.... watch out is all I could say.

Terry said...

Aww, he gifted you with yarn art and you just rolled it back up again. Poor kitty!

My 3 do that and I always wish I had a time-lapse camera set up to capture their fun.

Anonymous said...

AP's getting big. Good to know he's keeping himself busy.
Thanks to a recent arrival (probably dumped on the road), I now have 4 cats, 2 in, 2 (mostly) out. I'm turning into a crazy cat lady, & I'm male.

Anonymous said...

Oh, s/he is a still a kitten really, how charming!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That scene has been played repeatedly in my house, and kitties love to show off their handiwork! My yarn stash now lives in plastic drawers that kitties can sit on, but not open. It looks like the bush to the side there added to the fun!

garlicknitter said...

You can keep all your yarn in one closet?

I've been fostering kittens for the local animal shelter, and I do my best to teach them about "my string" vs. "your string." When they're ready for adoption, I like to market them as "knitting-compatible."

Joeymom said...

I have a fabric closet. I'm just starting the yarn collection. My husband is afraid.

Very afraid.

Miss Kitty said...

Oh my! Thank goodness the scene wasn't any worse.

I do believe you have an ICHC submission on your hands here, AP. :-)

Miss Kitty said...

And like Joeymom, I too have a fabric closet. Well, a fabric stash: the space beneath my bed is filled with almost a dozen clear Rubbermaid boxes, each full of awesome fabric. (And some not-so-awesome that I have no idea what the hell to do with.)

Happy New Year! >^..^<

JaneB said...

Aw, I like the idea of a knitting-compatible kitty... My cat is over 10 now, and she still likes to get into my stash if I leave a box even the teeniest bit undone or a drawer slightly open.

Liz Miller said...

I HAD a yarn closet, but then we moved and I donated a lot of the stash (I regret deeply giving away the taxi-cab yellow cotton...but it had been with me 15 years and never got made into the sweater with the black and white checks and wheel buttons I envisioned).

My stash is currently sharing space with my clothes.