Saturday, March 11, 2006

Everything is relative.


I am not the sharpest tack in this box of really sharp pointy tacks. I can't keep more than a few logical steps in my head at one time. I'm pretty good with Laplace transforms and differential equations but I can't do arithmetic. (Angry Baker finds this particularly amusing.) I can't remember much: sometimes I read my old papers and I have to work almost as hard to understand them as I do papers written by someone else.

One of Angry Toddler's favorite Saturday morning venues has a "magic faucet" display at a water table, with lots of water toys, little squirting nozzles, dams, duckies, you name it. Today a woman approached the display and tried to fill a cup under the "stream." She seemed a little surprised by how unyielding it was.

Does the fact that this boosted my self-esteem more than just a little bit make me a terrible person?

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

I absolutely LOVE magic faucets!!!

Wouldn't one of those make a fantastically cool home fountain thing? hmmmm