Saturday, March 18, 2006

In which I perform a public service.

I've had a busy quarter, so it wasn't until last night that I found this comment posted anonymously in response to this post:
Ah yes....quoting peter bowditch...recently found guilty of libel and defamation....including convicted liar bowditch into an arguement lends alot of credibility...
This poster is not as anonymous as he would like to be. This distinctive writing style and obsessive hatred of Peter Bowditch, coupled with the fact that the poster visited my site from videotron.ca having searched Technorati for blogs referencing the Canadian Cancer Research Group tells me that the poster was none other than William P O'Neill himself.

The Canadian Cancer Research Group is a shady organization run by Mr. O'Neill, whose only qualification for treating cancer is that his son had cancer. The Center promotes unproven and ineffective therapies, charges outrageous fees, and is directly responsible for the early deaths of many cancer patients, including gold medalist curling champion Sandra Schmirler.

Please, if anyone you love has ever had cancer, if you care at all about how people like Mr. O'Neill exploit the desperately ill and dying, watch this exposé. People like him can be stopped, if enough people care.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Professor!
But I have to tell you that - when I tried to use your link to the W-FIVE expose - it only brought up the CTV web site.
May I suggest you ask your readers to go to Google (or any comparable search engine, I suppose) and type in "Dr. Hope." That's the title of the program in question.
Thank you

Angry Professor said...

Thanks Patrick. I'll fix this.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that Peter Bowditch was recently convicted in Australia for lying, libelling and defaming.

Angry Professor said...

Bullshit, Bill. Go crawl back under your rock.

For the record, Peter has not been convicted of anything. (Nor is he guilty of any of these things.)

Joonie Moon said...

I've also heard that Mr. Bowditch was done for hooliganism and is a "convicted liar."

Sadly, the statute of limitations for hooliganism runs out in ones twenties.

I, too, am a 'convicted' liar. Why be anything else? Do it right!

Anonymous said...

ah yes two mcdougalls for the price of one...perhaps, and only, if they had united earlier in their efforts to seek truth and justice....