Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I love me some kook.

My area of expertise is such that I frequently receive unsolicited letters and emails from interesting people who claim to have discovered this or that answer to one or another (or all) secrets of the universe. I love these. My only regret is that I can never, no matter how hard I try, warp my worldview sufficiently to understand what the authors are trying to say.

The most recent offering is fine, pure kook. It combines numerology, astronomy, psychology and theology to arrive at a "FINAL NOTICE: the Earth will fall into Null Space" (in four pages). The author* seems focused on the number 3, and null space seems to have something to do with 0. Planet masses are divided by other planet's masses, and Earth is divided by Hell (which has something to do with null space). So I think Earth is going to become Hell.


Uh-oh. On Page 2, I am told that I missed something critical on Page 1, because, not having "deduced these definitions intuitively" I have "synthesized (short-circuited) the objective/subjective thought paradox; and" I am "using a closed system of analysis." This does not sound good, especially because the definitions of open and closed systems he uses are not familiar to me. And I see there are "narrow gates" between open and closed systems. In my world, that means the closed system is not closed at all, but apparently I have synthesized the objective/subjective thought paradox and am using a closed system of analysis.

I'm getting frustrated. I just don't get it. On page 3 I learn that my inability to understand has something to do with the fact that I have lost the objective/subjective thought paradox, a tool and gift, because of my pride. The numbers have changed on this page: now the author refers to the Titius-Bode Law, which Wikipedia tells me was disproved with the discovery of Neptune (in 1846). The orbits of the planets are elliptical because the Sun is asymmetrically placed in Polarized First Space. My closed system of analysis will result in my death. Entropy has taken control of my life.




Page 4 gives me my salvation. As is typical with most salvation schemes, this requires prayer, which will save me from my fanatical secular humanism. If I use common sense, I will be saved for a multidimensional adventure. I must pray to Jesus and read the New Testament. The author assures me that he (the author) will receive my donations, but (1) do not try to buy my way into the narrow gate, and (2) his refusal to restrict Christ to a religion means that there can be no religious tax deduction. I think this means that I will not be able to claim such a donation as a deduction on my taxes. Darn.

I really want to see what he sees, or at least understand why he is so certain.

*I blacked out his name and address, even though he gave permission to distribute his work, because I don't think he wanted the kind of attention I'm giving him.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

But... but, AP, there are all these numbers and formulas and (+) and (-) signs... it means it's all scientific, right??
Well, christianism meets Fritjof Capra... *deep sigh*

William the Coroner said...

If the answer isn't 42, go find your towel.

brewerburns said...

You puiblished his name and address in the first link to his "work."

Overread said...

Now I'm not too good with my math, but if you divide by hell, does the remainder go to purgatory?

Anonymous said...

"You puiblished his name and address in the first link to his 'work.'"

Well, why not? He says it can reproduced or transmitted without permission. He obviously wants this information disseminated.

Angry Professor said...

No, visnioth.net published his name and address. I was saving myself the trouble of uploading the pdf.

But Anonymous is right. He really wants his name and address published. Go figure.

StyleyGeek said...

It's nice of him to send out a final notice. Some companies don't.

And if we don't pay for the solar system by next Tuesday, it might be repossessed.

Anonymous said...

Hm. If I learned ANYTHING in my psychiatry rotation (and that is entrely debatable, because I sincerely doubt it myself), I think this guy just diagnosed himself with schizophrenia.

If not, he's doing a great imitation.

Anonymous said...

No worries, there's a math error on page 2.

Anonymous said...

The null space is between his ears and he thinks the universe revolves around it. The null space also creates a warpeage of space time called a stupdity well tha absorbes all rational and intelligent activity.

Ookami Snow said...

There are two types of crazy people in this world: The type that can see the world in a different way and just have problems describing it (such as Savants.) And the type that have problems seeing the world and have no problems describing it. (The normal crazy)

p.s. to get these calculations to work out right the weight for hell that he uses is 0.33333..., and not the obvious 0.66666...

The Combat Philosopher said...

AP,
Your posting gives me some solice. You should see the looney stuff that get sent to philosophers with a bit of a net and publication profile... There should be more lithium taken...(and maybe Xanex too).

The Combat Philosopher

Unknown said...

I got this exact same document from him twice, late last year and in January. I guess I've finally made it as an academic, even though I'm still doing my Masters!

Anonymous said...

FAQ at FrankHatchiii.com

Anonymous said...

The Pluto/Neptune anomaly of the Titius-Bode progression is predicted in the Initial Mass Displacements.
FrankHatchiii.com

Best Regards,

Frank Hatch

Anonymous said...

Although the total Ceres mass includes an asteroid belt, the total Pluto mass is unique.
Excluding Neptune, a variety of objects between 48.8 AU and 28.8 AU had a total mas of 10 Earth Masses (i.e., PLUTO INITIAL MASS).

FrankHatchiii.com