- Ernest Angley
- Jim Bakker
- Kenneth Copeland
- Jan Crouch
- Paul Crouch
- James Dobson
Jerry Falwell- W. V. Grant
- John Hagee
- Ted Haggard
Kenneth Hagin- Marilyn Hickey
- Benny Hinn
- Rex Humbard
- Bob Jones
- Fred Phelps
- Peter Popoff
- Ralph Reed
- Oral Roberts
- Pat Robertson
- Robert Schuller
- Jimmy Swaggart
- Robert Tilton
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
I do not mourn the passing of whited sepulchres.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
No James Dobson?
Ralph Reid?
Wow, you've heard of Hagee? His church is down the street from where I grew up - frightening monstrosity of a thing, with American flags flashing on the church's electric sign. Sigh.
Ya, Ralph Reed should be on there. I'll fix that. But James Dobson, while execrable, doesn't strike me as a dishonest, hypocritical, swindling fucktard. Am I wrong?
"But James Dobson, while execrable, doesn't strike me as a dishonest, hypocritical, swindling fucktard. Am I wrong?"
Oh yes!
But I share the feeling. I mourned for Molly Ivins but not for Falwell, hell no!
OK, Dobson joins the "can't wait 'til they die" list.
Whew! Yes, the Hitchens clip was exceptional. Most of the time, I think he's a raving looney, but he said some very sharp things in there.
WOW, I may not like some of these guys. Some of them can be very judgmental and condemning. That sort of behavior gets old pretty quick, (quick is measured in seconds). But I will not pass judgment by wishing them dead. If I do that, I am no different then some of the folks on the list.
Note I said some of the folks. Some of the folks are straight ahead folks who are honest. Number 6 comes to mind. Interestingly enough number 15 comes to mind. I live about 5 miles from his university, and I REALLY DISAGREE with his theology, but the folks at number 15 university do try to be internally consistent about what they believe and how it effects their behavior I find that folks who try to be internally consistent always earn my RESPECT.
A couple of notes about number 15 and government A number of 15 university graduates are on the county council here. There is no attempt to legislate religious behavior at all. But we do have a superbly run county government. The treasurer is a 15 university graduate. He has been treasurer for a number of years. The last time I checked the county had a 30 million dollar surplus and the best credit rating in the country. The county is growing rapidly and the surplus is being used on road improvements thru out the county.
By contrast the county school district follows every national education fashion and whim that comes along. The school district is now 1 billion (with a B) dollars in debt. The district is proud of the fact that all of the high schools combined had around 100 students who took advanced placement courses. This is from a graduating class of approximately 3 to 4 thousand students. That is an appalling showing. If memory serves correctly this is a 2005 statistic. The district graduates a bunch of "mind numbed robots."
One of the effects of have guys from 15 university in the government is the creation of a limited government. Great emphasis is placed on limiting the role of government and people are very sensitive to the idea of personal responsibility and personal freedom.
If someone from 15 university is running for public office I will vote for him in a second.
Well now how is God going to talk to? Just kidding.
No Joyce Meyers?
Yeah, Dobson's a wanker. He goes on the list...
Unfortunately, as the people on the list die, more will step up to take their places. Even when we prevail and live in Utopia, there will be those who aren't quite with the program.
On a completely unrelated note, there is a girl in my son's school named Heaven-Lei.
AP,
Rex Humbard should be crossed off, too.
Post a Comment