I am now two days without pain meds. All in all, while painful, my week hasn't been as bad as I expected. Using the toilet still involves a great deal of adrenaline (and several appliances), but it doesn't hurt any worse than it did last week.
I met my Monday morning class, but was unable to meet my classes yesterday or today. I'm hoping to be back tomorrow. So did anyone predict that?
Here is a brief exchange with Angry Kid from yesterday:
Angry Kid: Mommeeeeee!
AP (from kitchen): Yes, honey?
Angry Kid: Umm, I love you mommy!
AP: I love you too, honey bunny.
Angry Kid: Even when you're in pain!
AP: Thank you, honey.

3 comments:
Well, let's see, where to start:
- Segolene Royal lost the French presidential election (:-)... my favored presidential candidate hasn't won since 1988... I'm beginning to take it personally!)
- Bush winked at the Queen of England (if you can catch yesterday's Daily Show online, they were on fire!)
- The Secretary of Education is going to get grilled on the student loan scandal by congress
- My college just finished 2 days of AQIP visit (for us academics, AQIP is TEH SUCK... our administrators never let the reps out of their sight for a second (;-))
Now, you can go back to tending to your inflammed derriere :-)
Angry Prof, I too know the pain of an ungrateful arse. The worst bit (for me) is being unable to tell people exactly what's wrong...I usually call it 'back pain'. What saves me is liberal doses of cream, pain killers (we can get ibuprofern with codeine here over the counter) and booze. Hope you're feeling better in the ol' bum department soon.
Funny, it's usually the kids that are a pain in the arse. But she's not a teenager yet.
Glad yer back
Post a Comment