- Funkycool City has a great downtown. Unfortunately there is so much construction that all there is to see is yellow tape and orange barrels. Fortunately this means that traffic is very slow and easy to maneuver through.
- Angry Kid says, "The zoo is awesome!"
- Angry Kid now sports a (temporary) tattoo of an emerald ash borer. She is so cool.
- A great blue heron rookery -- amazing.
- The science museum has many exhibits that feature water. And soap bubbles.
- Funkycool City is funky and cool. I can't believe I'm still in Square State. Where are the anti-abortion billboards?
- A slow train ride through the river valley -- a great way to spend the last day.
Updated to add: Remind me to never, ever again go to the zoo while ovulating. The sight of each hugely pregnant lady, each tiny newborn roasting in the sun, smacked me upside my middle-aged head like a sack of bricks.

2 comments:
Don't even get me started about the emerald ash borer! The green ash in my backyard is my favorite tree. I fear it is only a matter of time before the borer makes me quite angry.....
Yeah, that's bow I got roped into the third one.
"Oh, look at the cute little newborn! And smell the new baby smell! Awwwww....."
Two and a half months to go, and I am cursing my ancestors, HIS ancestors, and biology.
Post a Comment