Monday, April 20, 2009

A secret message to my colleagues.

Dear Colleagues,

I know this is a middling-important issue. However, when I ask y'all whether or not we should have a faculty meeting to discuss it, those of you who are out of the country until the Fall quarter are not permitted to demand such a meeting. Fair enough?

Love and kisses,
Your Chair

7 comments:

Dr. No said...

Well, my schedule is booked pretty solid and I have a sabbatical coming up, so can we just have that meeting say 12 months from now? I'll be sure to attend because this issue is super important to me...it's not like I'll forget to attend or show up with no idea what's going on or anything. Yeah, thanks for rescheduling!

pelican said...

Wait- when did you end up taking on the chairship of your dept? How's *that* going? Oy!

PJH said...

Well I think this issue is fairly important to me, however would it be possible to delay it until at least I enter the teaching profession, but I'd prefer it if you'd hold it until I get a job in your university.

How long is teacher training again?

Anonymous said...

You have heard about the faculty member who didn't want to teach on Wednesdays because that "screwed up both weekends," haven't you?

Angry Professor said...

@pelican - Our department is huge. For adminstrative purposes, we are broken up into a handful of research areas. I am chair of my area, and have been for years.

Miss Kitty said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I DEMAND a meeting, and I DEMAND that you hold off until I return from my ultra-important travels. If you dare to hold the meeting in my absence I will go directly to the Dean and complain. How dare you discuss furniture arrangement without me???