I just frogmarched the Angry family a mile and a half to the hippy food coop and back for organic fair trade chocolate. I got several bars of Green & Black's. I've worked my way through half a bar of the Dark 70%.
All the students returning to campus, knocking on my door and driving through the pedestrian lights while talking on their cell phones, has deeply depressed me.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
i have no affliation whatsoever with the local Giant University, and I *still* feel your pain. In addition to all the traffic/cell phone annoyances you describe, I would like to complain about how they basically depleted the Target upon arrival of everything that *I* buy there. THis was after several weeks of the Target running low on tons of stuff because all the parents of local-soon-to-be-leaving students were taking them to "stock up." How much stuff do they need? I just stopped shopping for a month and lived on what was left in the cupboard.
We'll have to get a drink one of these days. Or perhaps we can cadge an invitation to one of the innumerable games of beer pong going on all around us.
Green&Black rocks.
We're partial to the Maya Gold.
Students, on the other hand, are a necessary evil.
@AF - just come and drag me out of my office. I still entertain this fantasy that I'll get two manuscripts in the mail before the beginning of classes.
Come now! There has to be something exciting about the new quarter! Right?
Or am I still too filled with naive hope about the fresh crop of Large State students?
My solution? I left the country for the week before classes start.
One bar of 70% Cocoa Green and Blacks has 5g of fiber. Just sayin...
I believe I'm half-bear and half-perpetual-student; I come alive at the onset of Autumn. However, I live in a Major University city and it amazes me how any of them live to even anticipate maturity. I saw a cellphone-talking pedestrian almost killed by a cellphone-talking scooter driver. Could've cleaned out a whole pocket in the gene pool in one fell swoop.....yet both remained oblivious of the near disaster. "Stop the world, I want to get off" keeps running through my head.
Also try the G&B 85% -- better for you, with less sugar!
I start my day with 20-40g of the 85%.
I feel your pain, AP.
Conversely, we poor slugs here at Division II University are on the semester system, and have 12 weeks to go. BLEH.
My word verification is "weepe"--how appropriate for your post topic. Or maybe it should be "We pee."
Yeah, ick, at Major Midwestern University the semester started a whole month ago. For me, it's furiously ringing my bicycle bell and trying to dodge the narcissistic little snowflakes while they're plugged into their iPods and cell phones and walking right down the center of the bike path, while there's a perfectly good, much wider sidewalk right next to them. Fortunately, now that we're a month into the semester, fewer students are weaving their way to their 8 AM classes, which would be a headache for you (and my husband, also a professor), but a blessing for those of us who don't have to teach...
Post a Comment