I am not in. A beautiful little sentence, with beautiful tiny little words. So much meaning conveyed in only eight letters! You learned how to read these words in kindergarten; why the fuck is it so hard for you to understand them now?
Beloved colleague, I am not in. I am gone, absent, missing, away. I am not there. I have left, departed, gotten out, quit the premises, removed myself to another location, withdrawn, ditched you all. No, I will not come to your meeting. I will not make arrangements. I refuse to cooperate. Do not expect me at your event. Plan to get along without me.

8 comments:
Excuse me for pointing this out, but you are looking a little thin in this picture. Nothing but skin and bones. Obviously you needed this sabbatical to recover from the stresses. You should eat -- it's a mitzvah.
In Nigeria, the expression was: "not on seat". :-)
Hey me too! Perhaps we could invent some super intensive committee that we are VERY busy with ALL the time. For instance, in response to all the stupid crap I keep getting asked to attend I'll just say "so sorry, me and Angry Professor have our colloquium that day." Yep, that's it. Remember, next week we have a full schedule of sleep and beer drinking.
Yes! WTF do they think "sabbatical" means, anyway? Sad that people with so many letters after their names have such a hard time grasping the meaning of four little words. [sigh]
But you'll be at our meeting at 8am on Monday, right?
Dear AP: As I could not find an email address for you I'm writing here. 1) having spent last week in a State Historical Society *RETREAT* (not far enough, clearly) I would like to join you; 2) Just read about Angry Dog and I send a virtual hug and a mammoth "KUDOS" for your loving care. Now then - as you were.
It is amazing how much someone's "look" changes when they replace glasses with contacts. But you should have kept the hat to protect your eyes from UV rays.
Hello?
Post a Comment