Oh, je suis folle, moi. Eh bien voilà, je suis encore une classe de français ce trimestre. Aujourd'hui j'ai fait mon premier discours en français! Il a duré seulement dix minutes, mais je ne l'ai pas lu et je ne l'ai pas mémorisé.
Bien sûr, j'étais horrible. J'ai fait des anglicismes, j'ai hésité, j'ai parlé comme une vache espagnole. Je m'en fous, moi. Je l'ai fait!
C'est tout. Bon week-end à tous!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Félicitations!
um....what?
Les anglecismes sont comme il faut tout le monde!
Je suis une pomme de terre enragé
According to google:
French to English translation
I did it!
Oh, I'm mad, me. Well here I am still a French class this quarter. Today I made my first speech in French! It lasted only ten minutes, but I did not read and I have not memorized.
Of course, I was horrible. I made anglicisms, I hesitated, I talked like a Spanish cow. I do not care, me. I did it!
That's it. Good weekend to all!
Felicitations! Par hasard, je fait une classe d'allemande cette term....und das ist warum, kann ich nicht mehr franzoeisch gut sprechen :)
Désolée, Frenchdoc. Je l'ai corrigé.
Bah! De toutes façons, nous aussi (les francophones) utilisons des anglicismes... :-)
Bravo!
:-(
I am sad to say I made it through all of my schooling (including 5/6 of a Masters) with NO foreign language education. I know how to count to 10 in French, Spanish, and American Sign Language....but that's all. I do feel cheated. Yes, I could take a language class now...but it's so very much harder in one's 40s....I do feel that learning another language really helps you to understand the English language - really makes you that much better at it. Which, as an editor, would be a good thing for me....but I seem to be doing ok - I edit mostly by instinct, and seem to be kicking butt.
Besides, if I was to take a new language, I would really only be interested in German.
Hmmmmm.
What's uppe with that fucken austrobelgian shitte?
OK, I rock. I could read that. My "French for Reading Knowledge" isn't totally gone. Woo-hoo!
Aidan here. (For some reason Google no longer wants to take my password. Oi.)
I was reading with my 3rd grade French, and I really impressed myself. I laughed out loud when I read "une vache espagnole". And then I searched for a French dictionary, because I feared I had translated it incorrectly! Une vache espagnole...how lovely! I'm picturing the Borden cow in a mantilla. If I ever fulfill my dream of opening a little boulangerie, I shall name a sandwich after you -- Le Vache Espangnole!
Merde! You'll do better next time, AP, bien sur.
My word verification is sherades, which sounds like an obscure French word that I still should remember, but don't. Ma biche, regardes-la aux sherades!
Pour une vache espagnole (enragée? folle?), vous écrivez drôlement bien.
Je suis agréablement surpris à l'idée que l'on souhaite se lancer en 2010 dans l'apprentissage d'une langue étrangère telle que le français.
Les gens d'aujourd'hui se ruent plutôt sur l'espagnol ou le mandarin...
Bonne continuation !
(Dernière remarque, peut-être déplacée: Google me demande de vérifier le mot 'enculay' avant d'envoyer ce message. Comme dirait Katherine dans 'Henry V' de Shakespeare, "Voilà un mot sale et impudique!" -- je cite de mémoire.)
I have no idea what that says... and my failure in foreign language acquisition saddens me.
However, I did mention you on my blog recently as having a very funny blog description/subtitle.
Take care!
Felicitations (too paraseusse for accents)!
Well done! I don't remember enough of my high school French to actually write this in French, but I did at least remember enough to understand what you wrote.
I was recently in Italy, and it's astounding how many Europeans are fluently multilingual. It makes me wish more American schools started offering foreign language classes at a younger age. Mine didn't start until 8th grade and my retention is pretty awful. And don't even get me started on the Latin and ancient Greek I took in college. I remember almost none of the vocabulary or syntax, but it has improved my understanding of English grammar dramatically.
Word. I never studied that language, but I find I can often read it - at least a bit. I'd really like to take an off term to study Finnish, or Polish, or ASL.
Post a Comment