I checked a bunch of books out of the library in preparation for my vacation, which begins tomorrow. Of course I started reading right away.
Someone has used this novel as a kleenex. Every 30 pages or so, this person smeared huge green boogers in the margins. I didn't notice until I was half-way through, and now I can't bear to touch the book to finish it. I tried, but I can't stand the suspense: what will I find when I turn this page? It's not the kind of suspense I enjoy when I read.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
An old acquaintance of mine had the worst job in the world. He worked at the main library in a large state university. His job was to wander the stacks of books and look for evidence of, um, male enjoyment. When he found said evidence, he was to mark the location on a map of the library. Later, someone else with proper training and biohazard gear would clean up the mess.
The kicker? He was blind in one eye, and he was very nearsighted in the other.
You can't make this stuff up.
My 18 year son just started working at Wal Mart in the Garden Department. I gave him the following advice. "Be careful and watch out. Not all the potted plants on on the shelf. Some will come in the front door."
It sounds like this book was the victim of a potted plant that was root bound.
That is utterly disgusting. Some people were not raised right.
(Of course, I checked out a book from our local library to find blood and pus smears in it, on several pages -- apparently, someone had a zit-popping fiesta while reading.)
I'd be sure to warn the check-in clerk when you turn it back in.
Man oh man, between the gross ass condition and now, the booger-filled book, this blog is getting grosser by the week... at least, you could enlighten us on what you're reading this summer, AP.
If I remember correctly, a while back, we gave you a contemporary scifi reading list. We expected regular reports on this.
Oh god! That's just--
There are no words.
And to think, I get annoyed when people use pen to annotate books from my school's library.
*shudder*
The book was The Boy Who Would Live Forever (another Pohl book). I took a Terry Pratchett on the road instead.
Sorry for the grossitude. I'll work on that.
My pet peeves were along the lines of Anonymous's...and then I read this post. Bleh!
Thanks for "taking one for the team," AP. :-P
Boogers are the bookmark you always have with you.
Post a Comment