Thursday, May 29, 2008

Is this really a big problem?

I'm trying to understand this. For example:
Yes YOU Too Can Learn How To Stop Jezebel With Ease! Thousands already have learned these proven truths. With the knowledge in this book you can stop her in less than 24 hours. Take action today.
Has this man been tormented by a strong, confident woman? Or is he possessed by the spirit of a strong, confident woman? I'm missing something -- something apart from his transparent attempt to part me from my cash.

11 comments:

Not Important said...

Dear Jonas Clark of Jonas Clark Ministries,

Please hire a proofreader.

Love,
GDad

p.s. Jezebel says, "Hi!"

Anonymous said...

Of course the picture on the cover of the book just had to be that of a black woman. that's the only way we can truly recognize the severity of the "jezebel" issue

Miss Kitty said...

Anonymous, that was dead-on.

From the first read, I was suspicious about it being some kind of b.s. bible/ministry/insanity bit. Good God. (No pun intended.)

Ashitaka said...

Even being agnostic as I am I feel sorry for christians at times... So many stupid people give christians a bad name by doing things like this, I love how people profit on even simply being "related" to the subject in some way. This reminds me of all those pictures we find of americans who might even be standing up for a good cause at the time, but who have no authority to be making that stand.

Case in point:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/mlkday.asp

and in all fairness, here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnvL83EzvCQ

I would have hoped someone who knew how to spell Dream would have helped them. I have nothing against african americans this was just the first rally picture I found.

CrankyProf said...

Shit. I've been caught out.

Can't a Jezebel just go about her business in peace?

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Of course it is the spirit of a woman that causes all trouble. Look at Pandora. And Eve's original sin. And don't even get me started about Lilith.

It is so lucky that we have this man to show us the way. Women are such trouble.

Oh, wait. I am a woman. Is it any wonder I have a problem with organized religion?

Milo Johnson said...

And ladies, he's available...

Anonymous said...

Not a problem anymore, heh, heh

Carina said...

Man, I've seen some crazy Christian crap in my time (going to an evangelical Christian college will do that to you), but that's got to win some sort of crazy Christian award.

I wonder what the women do when he visits their churches and preaches (and I'd bet he does from the tone of the writing). I'd probably start laughing too hard and have to leave, but it might be fun to watch what other women do.

r. r. vlorbik said...

sure, jez gets a bad name
for being a competent queen.
but the *real* scandal is:
nobody's even *heard* of athaliah.

Anonymous said...

I think he is just trying to deal with a severe guilt complex over his cross-dressing habit. (No offense to decent cross-dressers)