Of COURSE I don't have swine flu. I don't think it was even a head cold. I think it was a snootful of some pollen or another.
But LSU has just confirmed the first case of swine flu in a student.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Your students don't need to know that.
Did your uni send out a "Strongly Worded Advisory" to the entire faculty/staff/student body? Ours did.
No panic, guys. Oh, and there were at least five students wearing face-masks around campus today.
Ha-choo!
Indeed they did. We are not to panic. We are to wash our hands and sneeze into our sleeves. We are to trust that our administration has everything under control.
One advantage to online teaching: no swine flu.
Or was that no swine?
As long as it isn't "no wine..."
(but wish it was "no whine...")
I have it on good authority: the piggy in the straw house tested positive for Swine flu; the piggy in the stick house...under observation. The piggy in the brick house was seen buying Lysol wipes and Purel - he's wearing a fancy molded snout-mask.
Don't knock the masks entirely. Wearing one in the airport has prevented me from getting the "airport throat" that I always used to get when I had to fly.
If nothing else a mask can prevent an opportunistic bacterial infection while the immune system tries to fight off the flu virus.
Our university seriously will probably cancel finals and let all the students leave if we get even one case of swine flu. Quite a contingency plan eh? And we've bought cases and cases of kleenex and alcohol hand sanitizer and distributed them everywhere. No overreaction at all right? Hope we can hold out two more weeks.
This seems about right:
http://doihavepigflu.com/
Gah. Swine flu! People don't even get their yearly flu jabs and then come over all freaked about a new strain. It's the same freaking virus, just without the vaccination (yet)!
/rant
People are looking at me funny every time I cough (post-viral from laryngitis and bronchitis about two weeks ago).
Post a Comment