Friday, October 14, 2005

I gave a quiz yesterday.

Of 117 students, these guys missed it:
  • Two took it yesterday so they could observe Yom Kippur. (Pats on the back for these two.)
  • One had a migraine and couldn't get out of bed.
  • One was bed-ridden for other reasons.
  • One's car broke down.
  • One works on the other side of campus and couldn't make it into the lecture hall until after the quiz was over.
  • One was just really, really late, but turned in a quiz anyway at the end of class, long after all the quizzes were collected. My email to her was answered with the following message, copied verbatim:
    yes i was the one in late today and rtight when u were starting the notes i stopped writign so is not to miss any notes but i htought it unpoliete to walk out in front of u teaching to turn in my quiz how could we handle this. if i need ot write u on a dif. subject i am fine iwth that it is my fault for being late today
    This must have been sent to me via cell phone, right? People don't really type/write this way, right?

    LSU has a policy that all dispensations must be accompanied by acceptable documentation. Before I schedule a makeup quiz, I must have these documents. Right now, I have none.
  • No comments: