Thursday, October 06, 2005

I love these guys.

I think these are the coolest creatures. Ever since I was a child I've been fascinated by them. This isn't the greatest picture, but it was the best I could do in the dark. And their cousins are pretty darn tasty.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go UC Santa Cruz!

Oh wait, those are banana slugs. Stripy.

*statgirl* said...

Eat the cousins with lots of garlic and butter!!

Hi Angry Prof--Just found your site today and enjoyed reading. I too teach statistics to social science majors and enjoyed reading several of your archived posts.

In God we trust. All others must bring data.

Jesse said...

That's one big slug.

I used to wear a shirt that had a slug on it. I miss that shirt.

Anonymous said...

We just moved to Perfect Country Idyll Cottage outside of Cambridge (the one in England, not its young upstart namesake). Now I have to watch out for slugs coming into the kitchen...I leave the door open to feed the chickens, and the slugs crawl in when I'm not looking. My girlfriend thinks they're weird, but I love them. I also found a snail in the bedroom the other night. A bit of a surprise.