Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The worst idea to come out of the 20th century.

My vote goes to wings on sanitary napkins. What the hell were they thinking?

"Let's protect those $.99 panties by wrapping the pad around them! Then that scarlet goop can wick directly onto her clothes so that God and everyone in the giant lecture hall can see the stains!"

7 comments:

Bardiac said...

Sometimes, life just sucks.

/comfort

It's a male design, like putting toilet paper roll holders WAY up to the right behind the toilet, where it will be convenient to all of us right handed men standing to pee. Except we're not, you know.

And the people who design bathrooms so that the mini room with the toilet has no cupboard space within reach. Those people need a new design class, too.

blithering moron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

OMG. I had never realised there was a REASON for putting the toilet paper way up there. I just thought whoever did it was deeply stupid. Now I realise they were just male.

They even do that in WOMENS toilets though. Idiots.

EmmaNadine said...

Ummm, I, not being male don't have a lot of experience with this, but I didn't think men used toilet paper when they peed. I just assumed they shook it?

iBeth said...

I think the impersonator is right about men and tp, from my limited opportunities to observe, but back to the wings . . .

I HATE WINGS. The other problem with them is they peel off and stick to you, ugh! I am always on the lookout for pads w/o wings. And I pay more for them too, b/c I could get the winged kind from the local wholesale club and I have to go to regular retail for wing-free.

blithering moron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like wings! Without them, the pads don't stay put and scrunch up, thereby providing the lingerie with very poor protection. The wings don't wick onto the knickers, either.

I am sorry they don't work for you, though.