From: XXXXX@XXXXX.net
To: Angry Professor
Subject: Teragrid error - correction sought - involves Navy and contractors Madigan & Daley - Edelman too - see Margolis - Resulting from ethics complaint to PRSA
Hello Everyone,
I'm writing to you about a dilemma I'm dealing with, seeking your input for correction.
Ages ago my abstract was one of six selected from a pool of over 200 for an article in a Journal at Northwestern. It was an article that involved original research - all the necessary rights were signed off.
Northwestern killed the article and took the research. When I tried to correct the matter, I was threatened. I had multiple break-ins at home and office (police & security reports available) - most regarding the Northwestern matter. One of the break-ins involved leaving behind two videos, one a surgery video including the person's name, date of surgery, birthdate,ss# and more. The person is an employee of Great Lakes and was at Northwestern/VA at the time of the surgery.
An ethics complaint with supporting evidence was drafted and submitted for review (see complaint after signature). It was presented to Del Galloway who recommended I initiate a complaint, Prof. Dean Kruckeberg who advanced the complaint to Chuck Wood.
In reference to my computer system, to secure the data I was putting together regarding the lawsuit, They DDE Trusted my system to other computers. I have the computers ids and others to verify. Then, when that failed, I think they ran my computer through NCSA out of UIUC, also used Bitnet. I have all of the paperwork documentation. In any case, it appears that these folks used government resources to try to cover-up this mess. There was a big presentation of the success of the grid in Sept 2003. The hackings via the grid were prior to this.
My problem is that when they tried to cover this up, I somehow became toxic with manganese and copper (they counteract – am experiencing Parkinson-like systems and my head moves a compass—joy joy..).
Please know that I am a big proponent of technology, used correctly and with accountability. These actions undermine everything.
Here' what Happened when I discovered the grid connection in a hidden sdsc folder on my computer. The hidden file was labeled as SDSC, that may be the San Diego Super Computer. There were 19 computers on the network in that file and I could directly access them without a password. I was able to access UIUC or UIC (I’m not sure now which one). I backed out of it.
Now, at this point, I had no knowledge of the teragrid. I later looked up the acronyms that I could remember when opening the SDSC file (IIT, UIUC, UIC, Argonne (wasn’t an acronym), I think City Hall, and others.
When I tried to report this (not being my primary concern, my research and the break-ins), all hell broke lose. Everyone was bending over backward trying to cover this up and even denying the existence of the grid.
I later found out that the DoD is responsible for securing the grid. Who are the DoD points of contact for each party involved?
My request to you is that of finding direction for correcting this matter so that I can get on with my life. Plus, I’m not an idiot. I can see the security risks with this. If I can see this, then others trained are having a field day.
As noted, my system was incorrectly connected to the teragrid via Northwestern's portion of the grid (via a Lincoln Properties building - notified - refused to account for actions). You'll find that most of the universities that were entrusted to secure these supercomputers failed to do so. As a result, all confidential e-mails, archives, etc for the gov and their perspective affiliations are now on the net free to access by anyone using a search engine.
I’m seeking correction for the actions taken to cover this up. At the close of this email is the original complaint.
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.
[Original incoherent complaint snipped by AP]
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I wonder if any of this information is verifiable. Either way, the person needs help. If none of this is true, maybe he or she has paranoid schizophrenia? I had a professor like that--she always thought people were trying to persecute her and steal her studies or data. If not a lie or schizophrenia, what on earth are you being asked to provide?
maybe this is related to the course overload?
Man, if my head moved like a compass, I would never get lost.
I would send a passage from Piers Plowman or something in response. /nod
There's a guy who was here at Cambridge who obsessively spams every email address and forum he can find; he claims his work was stolen (in fact, he couldn't finish his PhD in the required 3 1/2 years, and lost his funding. His supervisor wrote up what he could and published it, with the student's name first. Not the worst outcome).
I think in some ways it's a reaction to failure; if you're doing research at the PhD level, you must have had academic success of some type in the past. Now you've fallen near the end of your formal education, and it must be difficult to take.
"Your only solution, sir, is to must move off the grid immediately." On second thought, perhaps that's not such a great idea (*scratches head and thinks of Mr. Kaczynski*)
A colleague of mine once commented, "There's a lot of mental illness in academia." Now I see what he was talking about.
I dunno. As one who has been employed at the school in question, none of this would surprise me at all.
Until I got to the end of the comments, I thought that Franklin was the author and that he had finally snapped. It's only a matter of time, after all...
Post a Comment