
I am considering buying a double-wide, moving to the middle of a swamp in Louisiana and getting a job at the local Home Depot. Anything would be an improvement over the clusterfuck my paper has turned into.
And I really thought I was going to resubmit it today and take a week's vacation. Just whack me over the head with a crowbar. I'm pretty sure that would be less painful.

17 comments:
AP, hang in there.
AP, AP, she's our gal!
If she can't do it, no one shall!
Good God, that animation is something else.
That animation grossed even me out. Congrats.
The Angry Kid loves that gif. "Look, Mommy, the eyeballs flew out!"
Wow. Just... wow. Yeah... um. Okay.
That animation was based on the Angry Baker at a normal day at work.
I love that animation.
Hope that's Tabasco and not...
I feel like doing that to my computer all the time! The only thing stopping me is the bureaucratic nightmare that would ensue following my requests to use my meager fellowship dollars to purchase a new keyboard and the slew of cleaning products that would be required to clean the walls of my lonely cubicle.
Where can I buy a keyboard as robust as that one?
The animation is super! Did you make that? I want one.
I got that animation in an e-mail a few years ago, and it haunts me to this day.
You're not the Lone Ranger: my conference paper, too, has turned into a complete clusterfuck. And I have only four more weeks to get it in gear. [sigh]
Q. laughed hysterically at the animation for at least half an hour. I gather things are not going well at work . . . but it may cheer up Q.'s whole office.
Actually, my cousin *did* quit teaching, moved to the country, and got a job at the Home Depot. With the discount she got on lumber and stuff as a worker she also built a mighty fine house for herself. Don't cross this option off (although Angry Kid might not like living in the MiddleOfNowhere)
Love the animation. Glad I'm not the only one. And the double wide, the swamp, and the home depot are precisely one of my fantasies at these times.
Keep working on the paper. I live in Louisiana and no matter how bad it might be going there, it's got to be better than dealing with the Confederate flags (in school colors) flying all over campus right now in a show of school and "Southern pride." Stay where you are.
Oh Man I loved that animation! I'm still laughing, good luck with your paper remember take deep breaths and lots of coffee!
Post a Comment