My usual morning beverage, a frothy, sweet, decaffeinated concoction, was accidentally mixed with two shots of high-test caffeinated espresso. I haven't drunk caffeine for over ten years.
I'm climbing the walls. My hands are shaking, my head is pounding, and I think I really must claw my eyes out. How do all you "real" coffee drinkers handle this every day? This is one nasty dirty buzz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I think, after time you develop a resistence to the effects. I have quit caffeinne at various points, and when I come crawling back it throws me for a massive loop for a week or two, with each day getting slighlty less looped. Until, I hit a point, where I am 'normal
with the caffeine, and grumpy as all get out without it. It really gives one a purpose in life, drinking coffee....
Oh, and I didn't mention the peeing,. Lots and lots of peeing. I should just drag my laptop into the ladies' room.
I recall a time, around the era of writing my thesis, when I routinely consumed a pot or two of coffee a day. I also had issues with insomnia and migraines. I haven't had insomnia or migraines since I quit with coffee. I can't understand why anyone would want to drink the real stuff.
Believe me, it beats amphetamines.
Well, without providing too many details, I am old enough to have experienced real Black Beauties, and they were niiiiice.
I feel much better now.
I don't even feel the affects, not in that way. Caffeine calms me down massively and helps me think. It never keeps me up or makes me jittery. This makes me wonder if I wouldn't be diagnosed as ADD/ADHD since I know that ritalin works like that (is speed to folks who don't need it) and that caffeine bevs will calm truly ADD/ADHD kids a bit. Body chemistry is an interesting thing.
Gah! Effects. EEEEE.
Can you tell that I have not yet had my caffeine today and am very scattered?
Oooooh, not good. As someone who has recently majorly cut down my caffeine intake, if someone did that to my beverage I'd be a basket case.
Post a Comment