Monday, August 27, 2007
"It burns! It burns!"
Update: So should we cut her some slack? My first uncharitable impulse is to say, "Hell no!" because a question is always easy the second time you answer it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The world needs ditch-diggers, too.
10 comments:
Tonight, I say we skip SpongeBob and get out the Globe. Angry kid loves it and we NEED to teach her more, faster.
This was this morning's technorati #1 vid. This is pretty pathetic.
--AB
When she said, "I personally believe ..." in response to the geography question, I ran out the door of my office and barfed. I could not watch any more of it.
The stupid, it is almost combustible.
I could be charitable, and chalk it up to too many beauty products causing brain damage, but...
Oy vey.
Q.E.D.
Maybe she was just super nervous. I would have said that I don't believe that it is one in five, but that people answered it that way to be funny. Like on that Jay Leno skit where he goes around town asking questions of people passingby.
Wait, did she say Osama?
Is she the one sending you those Monday missives?
But she did sound incredibly nervous.
"Would you rather be physically beautiful and vapid, or have to work for beauty and sharp as a tack?"
"Um, Iraq, kittens, and starving children?"
"Thank you, Miss South Carolina, for that insight."
Yeah. So I'm being snarky about someone's intelligence, and I make a typo in the previous comment. Mmmm... Instant Karma!
"...work for beauty and be sharp as..."
What question is she answering?
There has to be an edit between the question and the answer.
But, then again her answer(?) wouldn't work for any question. Unless that question was "Can you string together 30 seconds worth of words having absolutely no intelligible cohesiveness whatsoever and make yourself appear to be the empty-headed bimbo we already suspect you are?" Yea, that would work.
Kudos to the host for not falling down laughing uncontrollably. Then again, He's an actor, he probably agrees with her.
Yeah, AP, I think we should all cut her some slack. She's a dimwit, for sure, but I don't think participating in a (what do they call them now? not still "beauty pageants", is it?) - in one of those makes her enough of a public figure to be worthy of all this attention. When I put her blunder up against the outright evil of Cheney, Gonzales, Rove, Rummy, and their ilk - it just doesn't measure up.
Sure is funny, though.
Post a Comment