Friday, November 02, 2007

Take a few deep breaths.

When someone I love is in trouble, I get a thing in the pit of my stomach. It's a black animal of fear, worry, guilt and nausea that crawls around in there. Sometimes it tries to crawl out my throat.

Colds and flu always hit the Angry Baker hard. On a difficult overseas flight in 2002 -- we were strapped into our seats on the tarmac in LaGuardia for six hours -- what was just a cold turned into pneumonia. Last week he got another cold. He's been suffering for over a week now with sweats and a cough that breaks my heart.

It's pneumonia again, and my black animal is back and trying to get out. We have to wait until next week to see if the antibiotics work. Wait, and wait, and wait.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking a good though for you. The waiting just sucks.

Anonymous said...

Darling AP...

More from the Alternative Medicine Front.....with love and concern...

Even though you're against it..I must share.
1. Lots of thymic protein (like ProBoost)
2. LOTS of probiotic (like Dr. Ohira's Essential Formulas)
3. Vitamin C to bowel tolerance (1000 mg every two hours)
4. Black Elderberry Extract

Slap me.

Aidan said...

The Baker is in my thoughts and prayers. And so are you.

I understand. I hate it when the parade of horrible uglies won't leave me. They stomp through my sleep and distract me through the day. Most people would think that I'm crazy. Something happening to Mrs. Me would kill me. I don't think I'd be able to breath on my own. So when she gets sick, it's almost worse for me than for her.

All that thymic protein and probiotic may be very helpful, but I recommend malteds. No kidding -- I had pneumonia many years ago and had lost so much weight...my doc recommended malteds. I'm not a fatty boombalatty, so they must work.

You could also read some recipes to the baker...try the egg chapter from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. That seems like a loving act.

Sid Leavitt said...

Like anonymous, all I have to offer is a good thought for Angry Baker. And commiseration for you. Waiting does suck.

sky said...

Yes, I know that animal too well. And there is no way to keep it off your chest, away from your stomach, wherever it lurks. Hugs and warm thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hey, not so bad. I have a shitty job and now I have an excellent reason to go coffee shop hopping and read. Even if I am coughing up a lung.

Thanks for all your concern.

-angry B

William the Coroner said...

Don't worry about it, AP. Dying is the last thing AB is gonna do. Really. And antibiotics work like a charm. And he's young enough, he'd be ok without them, but that would just suck, so treatment is good.

Anonymous said...

I hope he gets better soon. Make sure he sleeps a lot.

Rent Party said...

The antibiotics work. I have had pneumonia at least five times. The first time I had a traechaeotomy for it, too. But the antibiotics work and so does steam. Stick your head in a steam bath, AB, it feels great.