Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Outer ring, seventh circle of hell.
I am unable to describe the pure evil that is Chuck E. Cheese. Ponder only this: Bachman-Turner Overdrive covers performed by an animatronics mouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
BTO?? By a giant, robot mouse? That sounds AWESOME!!!!
S-A-TUR-DAY Night!!!
Whoops - That was the Bay City Rollers - I always get them mixed up.
I meant to say - Takin Care of Business"
Chuck E. Cheese is indeed pure evil. When I went there as a kid, he used to grab the controls when I was playing in the arcade and ruin my game. Probably some surly underpaid teenager in the mouse costume who wanted to torment children.
The very thought of "BTO covers performed by an animatronics mouse" makes me want to slit my wrists in a warm bath.
Now imagine being dragged there to celebrate your 17th birthday, on your 17th birthday, because your Dad missed your sister's birthday and wants to combine the two and that's where she wants to go more than anywhere else.
Luckily, ours serves beer.
It's a Qualitative Exam, Chuck E. Cheese - designed by the Department of "They" to determine the depth of a grandparent's affection. The ability to tolerate it for more than 10 minutes shows divine and tender love for the child in question. TWO of my wee grandsons think it's birthday heaven. My having attended two birthdays for each of them there shold make it clear; not sure I can go there again. The elder's six now and I sing the beads daily that he has outgrown the site for future revelries.
It's a casino for children, and hell for adults. I took my stepkids there once, and told my husband that he owed me. (He told them he'd take them but weaseled out of it.) Luckily, the kids have aged out of that particular illness.
I kind of liked it, they had beer.
-AB
(time to eat)
You know there is something you and church pastors can agree on, Chuck E. Cheese.
I saw a paster of a church stand up in a pupit on a Sunday morning and declair that Chuck E. Cheese came from the pits of hell. No theology here, he explained that it the worst place that he had ever eaten at. Even his kids complained that the pizza was crap.
Places like that make you long for your own flamethrower.
Shortly after my ex bailed, he decided to show what a good dad he is by hosting a b-day party for our 4yo.
I got a frantic phone call. He was pretty incoherent, but finally managed to convey that he'd invited about a dozen kids and told their parents to just drop them off. He was there alone with them, and totally lost control. He couldn't find several kids, the others were all screaming, and he was having a breakdown.
I told him "Welcome to fatherhood" and hung up. One of my fondest memories.
that is why I have dogs instead of children.....
I an proud to say that I only went to the place once, and that at the end of a birthday party. I am one of the parents who dropped off my child and left.
HA!
Post a Comment