Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We have electricity!

I'm flipping the bathroom lights on and off just for the fun of it.

I went to the market to pick up a few essentials. Toilet paper, flashlight batteries, and marshmallows for the neighborhood gettin'-rid-of-the-branches marshmallow toast. There was plenty of toilet paper, but no batteries. And no marshmallows. Apparently we weren't the only block to have this idea.

5 comments:

Joeymom said...

YAY ELECTRICITY!!!!

Miss Kitty said...

HOORAY!!!!

dale-harriet said...

Ain't it loverly? As living history interpreters (oh hell, we're reenactors, but we're classy about it) we're well-armed with lanterns, candles, and a fondness for them. Still, I love my electricity. (We're far enough north that we missed all aspects of THIS one, and didn't have too many tornadoes coming through this summer.) I said that last with crossed eyes and crossed fingers, lest the gods hear me and think I was requesting one....... Anyway, mazel tov on your electricity, and hope you had a fantabulous cook-out!

Carina said...

Whoo! That's great! I hope you didn't lose all of your freezer stuff. That's a nightmare of mine, actually.

Copy Editor said...

Stories about these sorts of power outages make me really happy to be a vegetarian. At least if my stuff thaws, it's only cheap frozen veggies and juice bars. Easy enough to replace. The marshmallow roast sounds like a fantastic idea, though!