Thursday, July 27, 2006
I'm trying to think of how this week could be more awful.
I've been home for a few days. Does anyone have any hints for numbing the pain of hand-foot-mouth blisters? We've tried the Maalox thing, and it was not very popular. I just tried a Sucrets, and it was spit out with similar disdain. Before I try and talk the pediatrician out of a lidocaine prescription, is there anything else we should try?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I usually use bourbon, but since you've mentioned a pediatrician, that may not be such a great idea...
Those things HURT, too!
Chloraseptic -- that sore throat spray, maybe? Or children's anbesol? If they work on teething babies' gums....
Ice cream!! It is cold and will numb slightly-- not as acidic as the other goodies. It won't cure but is good tasing relief
I just made a trip to the drugstore in my jammies. I now have Chloroseptic and Orajel. I confess the bourbon crossed my mind, but the pediatrician already gave his blessing to Benadryl, and so she's loaded on that right now.
All she's eaten for the past two days is sherbet.
Sigh.
Our ped recommended a mix of maalox and benadryl swabbed around the mouth, followed by a small dose of benedryl.
Gly Oxide + Kanka or Orajel. Both available in that little special area of the drug store reserved for those afflicted with mouth troubles. Though honestly, I use a lidocaine prescription. (It's some lidocaine + Maalox + Benadryl concoction.)
I should have asked for a lidocaine prescription right off the bat. Nothing worked. She thought I was trying to poison her with the Chloroseptic, and she wouldn't let the oragel stick thingies anywhere near her sore mouth.
But time does miracles. She's better now, and hopefully we won't ever have to go through that again.
Post a Comment