I think it was Ianqui who first directed my attention to these adorable plush toys. These toys opened my mind to the exciting potential of acrylic fake fur.
Now Kevin tells me about the plush microbe. The Angry Kid will definitely be getting some of these. I think she'd really like giardia, and probably helicobacter pylori.
Hell, I'll just get her the whole set, and she can have Athlete's Foot, bad breath, pimples, and Epstein-Barr, too.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
:-)))))
I just got my mother's birthday gift(she's a microbiologist), THANKS!!!
What about the louse? It shouldn't just be the microbes getting all the attention, you know!
Too bad that so many common diseases are caused by the fairly bland-looking rod shaped bacteria. Alas.
Priceless! Maybe the toymaker will come out with a crab louse, maybe a couple scalp lice, the germs that cause impetigo...all kinds of cooties!
Thanks, AP. I needed that laugh.
Miss Kitty, they do have a crab louse under "critters," and I thought impetigo was Staphylococcus.
Impetigo is a Staph epidermidis infection.
I REALLY want to give some ex-lovers Nisseria gonorheae, or Treponema pallidum, but that would not be nice.
I have almost the full set, and I love them. They're all sitting in a chair in the living room, and make great conversation starters.
oh goodness, this would make a perfect gift for my boyfriend, if only they were molecules instead of microbes.
Damn chemists.
Post a Comment