Thursday, August 02, 2007

In which I am not impressed.

Dear Angry Professor,
I need one more social science credit to graduate. I was wondering if I could earn this credit by working in your lab next quarter. I have no previous experience, and I don't know what you do, but I would be happy to work for you. Let me know what you think.
Thank you,
A. Student

6 comments:

Not Important said...

This sounds very similar to the resumes I used to get when I worked in a store close to the entrance of the mall.

You've got to give the student props for thinking outside the box, but wow.

Anonymous said...

The honesty is refreshing and saved you the aggrevation of finding it out in the interview.

The_Myth said...

Hey...if you need someone to do some sweeping or light filing, this person could be it!

Then just have him/her write up a little paper at the end of the semester on how the lab works.

"Participant observation," baby!

After all, it would only be 1 credit...

[unless, of course, you're at a U where "1 credit" = "1 whole course"]

Ahistoricality said...

Make them send the same letter, with the discipline changed as necessary, to every single one of your colleagues, and also to people at at least one other institution and compile the results.

That'd be worth a credit.

Anonymous said...

Dear Wanker,
Piss off and go earn your 1 credit by taking model UN or some similar course. Alternatively, suck it up.

Anonymous said...

I think that this letter, combined with your stated proximity to graduation, makes me fear for the future in general.
But then, you didn't ask me, you asked AP.