I hope y'all enjoyed your pancake dinners. We enjoyed ours! I have a question, though: What do you say to a kid who asks for dessert after tucking away a pile of pancakes and syrup?
Take bologna, slice it in sixths, arrange on a plate with some cucumber and tomato and call it dessert. Your body doesn't mind what order you eat stuff in!
When I was a child I was expected to eat pancakes and syrup but could never eat much of it because I am slightly hypoglycemic, it made me very lightheaded and ill. Still does. I would protest: look, I tried to eat it! Won't the next course have carrots, milk, meat? People found me very odd.
I am a tenured faculty member at a large state university. My teaching efforts primarily consist of delivering statistics lectures to social science majors. These experiences have colored my perspective somewhat.
This blog is 100% FERPA compliant. It is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The Angry Professor is the creation of Mr. Norrell, who lives in Guam with four rhesus monkeys and a gecko. He has never taught at a university.
11 comments:
"Drink your coffee."
Take bologna, slice it in sixths, arrange on a plate with some cucumber and tomato and call it dessert. Your body doesn't mind what order you eat stuff in!
Obviously it would be vegetables ;)
"OK, here's your broccoli."
ummmm..."no"?
If you look at the reflection of the photographer's fingers in the fork, it looks like a weird, cartoonish face.
"Couldn't you tell that the last pancake *was* the dessert?"
followed by
"These are not the droids you are looking for."
When I was a child I was expected to eat pancakes and syrup but could never eat much of it because I am slightly hypoglycemic, it made me very lightheaded and ill. Still does. I would protest: look, I tried to eat it! Won't the next course have carrots, milk, meat? People found me very odd.
"I get half."
"How about some hot chocolate?"
Am I the only one who thinks the proper response is "One scoop or two?" :-)
Post a Comment