I am a huge fan of talk radio. I listen to it whenever I can. I listen both to conservative and progressive radio, and NPR too. This morning I was listening to a pundit's program on the ride in to work. A man called in to give his singularly uninteresting opinion on the state of the Democratic primary.
Not more than a few sentences into his call, he became more difficult to hear because of the sound of a concentrated stream of liquid against porcelain. Then, there was the unmistakable whoosh of a flushed toilet, followed about 10 seconds later by running water. I had to admire the pundit's restraint. I would have, uh, pulled the plug on the caller as soon as I realized he was pontificating and pissing at the same time.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Ewww!
I remember being in a public washroom, doing what comes naturally, and the woman beside me answered a business call.
She stopped.
I did not. I figure that's what voicemail is for.
I'm speechless...
Eww ....
I was once in a restroom stall, and some guy started a cell conversation. It started with, "Guess where I am. [pause] I'm in Big City, Another State."
It took all of my self restraint to keep from yelling, "In the bathroom, taking a dump!"
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining"?
And to those few close friends who ask if I'm busy or have time to talk with "Watchya doing?" invariably at a "regular" time of day, my answer is "regularly", "pooping...."
Oh, I can't stand that. I can't imagine being on the other end of the line, it's bad enough trying to engage in a highly private activity while some guy is sitting in the next stall over, doing the same thing while having a conversation. Terrifying.
When I encounter one of those talk-on-the-cell-phone-in-a-public-restroom fools, I just am sure to flush several times.
Think of how many germs are on those phones.
The caller was stupid and thoughtless. I wonder were his words on the aire as thoughtless as his actions?
On another note.
Pontificating or Pissing. What is the difference? Politicians want to piss away my time by asking me to listen to them pontificate.
At least he washed his hands, it sounds like.
I'm curious. Did it sound like he was talking out of his ass?
Was he a first time caller? Seriously that is disgusting!
Post a Comment