Bids on the cornflake are over $200K. There is nothing in my professional training or personal experience which allows me to explain it except as a symptom of complete and utter decadence combined with sheer stupidity.
I would like to express my non-professional opinion that these people are flippin' insane! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot would cause anyone to do such a thing.
I refuse to believe this is a serious sale. I have developed a conspiracy theory that assumed that all the bidders are friends of the seller, and this is actually performance art.
I am a tenured faculty member at a large state university. My teaching efforts primarily consist of delivering statistics lectures to social science majors. These experiences have colored my perspective somewhat.
This blog is 100% FERPA compliant. It is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The Angry Professor is the creation of Mr. Norrell, who lives in Guam with four rhesus monkeys and a gecko. He has never taught at a university.
10 comments:
And bids are up to $53 for an empty coke can with no special qualities. Hrm.
Gee, I expected it to be burnt toast bearing the likeness of the Blessed Virgin.
A fool and his money.
Bids on the cornflake are over $200K. There is nothing in my professional training or personal experience which allows me to explain it except as a symptom of complete and utter decadence combined with sheer stupidity.
I would like to express my non-professional opinion that these people are flippin' insane! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot would cause anyone to do such a thing.
I now grok the French Revolution.
All I see is some sweet crunchy eating. I can by a lot of cereal for $200K. Maybe I am just to practical.
You say you live in Square State?
I have here an amazing Corn Chex which bears an uncanny resemblance to Square State. What am I bid?
You don't know the half of it.
Right next to the $200,300 (by now) current bid, it says "Up to $25 back with eBay MasterCard Apply".
Note: that's *up to* $25! Be still, my beating heart..
I refuse to believe this is a serious sale. I have developed a conspiracy theory that assumed that all the bidders are friends of the seller, and this is actually performance art.
Seems much more sensible to me.
And all this time I've been planning on paying off my student loans through decades of hard work for little pay in an industry I love.
Plan B was to win Jeopardy.
New plan: find state-shaped cereal flakes. There are three boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats on top of my fridge. One of those flakes must be sellable.
Post a Comment