Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I have a conversation and learn more about Snowflake Syndrome.

Angry Professor: It is just me, or is it a little strange that Pascale's mother stays in the classroom with her all day?

Army Officer Mom: Is she in there all day every day?

Angry Professor: That's my understanding.

Army Officer Mom: No, it's not just you. That's pretty strange.

Angry Professor: Twelve years from now I'll get to deal with the consequences.

Army Officer Mom: [laughs]

Angry Professor: Seriously. I turned a few kids into the Ethics Board for cheating a while back. College seniors. One of their moms called me. At home!

Army Officer Mom: Really? A senior?

Angry Professor: Crazy, huh? An adult woman, and her mom is calling me. I guess you don't have to worry about this sort of thing in the service, huh?

Army Officer Mom: Well, not much.

Angry Professor: [gasps] You didn't say, "Never!"

Army Officer Mom: Well, basic training, you know.

3 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Ahhh...the Millenial Generation. Or Generation WTF, as I call them.

Sarah said...

Meanwhile I think it's awesome when one of my kids pulls an F. I get to point out, see that's what you get for not studying/ trying/ paying attention.

The F is a valuable tool in education.

As for cheating, well my crew know they would be toast.

Janka said...

If even you call college seniors "kids", is it any wonder their mothers think of them as such?