From Flip, a new blog, just for us academic types.
Give me jersey or give me death!
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That site was totally ridiculous. Is she joking? Seriously, I wear decent clothing to work, but high heels? Yeah that will go over wonderfully at the lab or in the library. Plus my 85% male workplace really needs more prompting to objectify me.
To give you an answer...no, I'm not serious. Either you have fun with your clothing, or you don't. If you don't like high heels, then...don't wear them. I've also put up lots of nice flats and low heels on sale, too. Take a chill pill.
Call me a cynic, but I suspect your male colleagues can objectify you in flats, too. Patriarchy is kind of resilient like that.
One of my deans wears high heels every day. You take her lightly at your own peril.
I am a tenured faculty member at a large state university. My teaching efforts primarily consist of delivering statistics lectures to social science majors. These experiences have colored my perspective somewhat.
This blog is 100% FERPA compliant. It is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The Angry Professor is the creation of Mr. Norrell, who lives in Guam with four rhesus monkeys and a gecko. He has never taught at a university.
2 comments:
That site was totally ridiculous. Is she joking? Seriously, I wear decent clothing to work, but high heels? Yeah that will go over wonderfully at the lab or in the library. Plus my 85% male workplace really needs more prompting to objectify me.
To give you an answer...no, I'm not serious. Either you have fun with your clothing, or you don't. If you don't like high heels, then...don't wear them. I've also put up lots of nice flats and low heels on sale, too. Take a chill pill.
Call me a cynic, but I suspect your male colleagues can objectify you in flats, too. Patriarchy is kind of resilient like that.
One of my deans wears high heels every day. You take her lightly at your own peril.
Post a Comment