Friday, February 15, 2008

Six unimportant things.

The rules for this meme are:
  1. Link to the person who tagged you.
  2. Post the rules on your blog.
  3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
  4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
  5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
I've been tagged by GDad. I don't usually respond to meme tags because they always take more time than they seem to need at first glance. But GDad was nice enough to ask me first.

So here they are.
  1. I once tried to cheat on a physics exam. There was one of Newton's laws of motion that I just couldn't remember, so I wrote it on the wood of my pencil. Waiting for the test to begin, I ran to the front of the classroom and sharpened all my pencils... Oops. I never tried to cheat again. I'm just not good at it.
  2. I have a very sensitive nose. I can smell anything. If you're driving toward me on the road and smoking in your car with the windows rolled up, I will smell the smoke. Not only can I smell fly farts from two blocks away, I occasionally have olfactory hallucinations (which differ from the real thing by the fact that the smell never goes away). I spent a week in Southern California last fall and the smell of pork barbecue followed me wherever I went. My favorite smell is rain on concrete... or the AB after a workout. Don't make me choose.
  3. I was married to a used-car salesman for seven years. Everything you've ever heard about used-car salesmen is true. Everything.
  4. If I won the lottery I would quit my job tomorrow. I would then go back to college and be a student forever.
  5. It took the AB and I almost 10 years to conceive the AK. We went through all manner of assisted reproduction before making her all on our own the old-fashioned way. If we had been successful back when we first started trying, I would now be a stay-at-home mom of six.
  6. I don't like crossword puzzles. When I was a student, I worked calculus problems for fun. I especially enjoyed nonlinear dynamics. I also liked combinatorics. Schaum's Outlines series were hours of fun. I had just started on tensor calculus when I realized I had to get my thesis finished. I never did make it through tensor calculus.
I must now break Rules 4 and 5. If you want to play, consider yourself tagged.

5 comments:

Not Important said...

I some times have illusory tastes. For about three months when GPop and I were a pretty new couple, I tasted soap in all of his cooking. That caused a little stress. About five years ago, I tasted vanilla for several months.

Shay said...

must be a guy thing. The spousal unit is always tasting garlic in various foods. You'd think he was the official taster for Vlad Dracul.

Anonymous said...

I identify with #4 entirely, and also with the youthful love of Schaum's Outlines.

Anonymous said...

You were married to a used car salesman? I owuld never have guessed it. There has to be a story in there somewhere.

Anonymous said...

F=mc^2, right? I always miss that one.