Thursday, October 08, 2009
Dagnabbit.
I'm taking part in a federal funding agency's grant evaluation process in a few weeks. One of the proposals was entitled something like, "Expected Value Optimization by Raccoons Playing a Prisoner's Dilemma Game." I was really looking forward to discussing this one, but the proposal has disappeared from the system.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Darn. I would have been interested in their proposed methodology.
Prisoner's Dilemma games with animals are not really any different than any other operant procedure, but I wonder who's using raccoons, and what is the rationale - there must be some kind of conservation angle.
If the federal agency you're reviewing for happens to have a bunch of money left over, I'd be happy to throw something together under that title...
hahahahaha bunch of money! ooooh pheew!
Honestly, is it about 1 out of 20 that gets funded these days?
Post a Comment