I came home early today to hunt for the Angry Cat. I found him, under the vapor barrier in a basement crawlspace. It did not look like a pleasant death: lots of bleeding where kitties shouldn't bleed. We suspect that AC died with his boots on, and a warm mousie full of rat poison in his tummy. We'll know more after the necropsy.
Rest in peace, you hairy bastard.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

30 comments:
Oh my... how horrible. I'm very sorry.
I guess there's one good thing about having a cat who couldn't catch a mouse with one broken leg and a concussion.
I am so sorry.
My Boston Terrier offers up her condolences. We do too.
Oh no, that's so sad! I hope angry kid takes it OK.
Poor angry cat.. and angry professor. No one should have to find a pet like that.
So sorry ...
So sorry to hear that about your household predator. Hate that when that happens.
Ohhhh, I'm SO sorry to hear this. The kitties here at the Happy Kitten Cottage offer their kitty condolences...as do I. So, so awful to lose a pet that way.
Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.
I'm so sorry! RIP angry cat! And I hope you and the Angry family are coping ok!
I'm so sorry AP, Honey.
Hug.
Shit. Few things are worse than losing a pet. RIP, Angry Cat.
Please accept my condolences. I have no doubt Angry Cat lived a good life with you.
I am so sorry about your cat.
I'm very sorry.
I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you, Angry Baker, and Angry Kid.
Thank you, everyone. I'm overwhelmed by y'all's kindness.
We're all coping. The Angry Kid made a memory book for the Angry Cat, and we all went to a local dive and toasted his memory with lemonade and Blue Moon.
I'm terribly worried about poison mice. The Angry Dog is a terrier mix, and just at much at risk as a cat. How do you find out where the poison is and get rid of it? It could be in the walls, and we'd never find it. First step, I suppose, is getting rid of the mice.
And boy, there are a lot of mice, let me tell you.
So sorry to hear about your cat...
Condolences, AP. That's awful.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a beloved animal is never easy.
I'm sorry about Angry Cat. I'd share your worry about the Angry Dog. I wish I had an easy solution other than traps.
I'm so sorry. Losing a furry family member always is tough.
My deepest sympathy to your family. My cat of 9 years was hit by a car in front of my house this past spring. He died immediatly, which was good, but it was heartbreaking. I had no idea I was that attached to him.
May God comfort your hearts and ease your hurts.
I am so sorry.
If there are a lot of mice (and they are indeed mice, and not rats - a whole different beast altogether!):
I've seen devices at the local hardware store that look like a large metal box, can supposedly hold upto 50 mice at a time (!). You just put the bait in it, and (in theory) they check in and don't check out..
Of course, the presence of 49 dead mice might spook the 50th, don't you know, so you might have to clean it out regularly..
Shankar, there's an easier way. Suspend a toilet paper roll on a wire over a 5-gallon bucket. Grease the insides of the bucket. Put peanut butter on the outside of the toilet paper roll.
When the bucket fills up with mice (they are field mice, cutest little buggers you've ever seen...) dump it in the woods.
Liz from I Speak of Dreams.
Condolences from us here at Casa Dreams.
I have used those metal traps that Shankar mentioned, in a horse barn, with lots of barn cats around. They are quite effective but you do have to empty them frequently.
We had both field mice and rats, so we used the big size.
Glad you are doing the necropsy, as it will set your mind at rest about the risk to Angry Dog (presuming of course that it finds something other than warfarin as cause of death).
I'd call an exterminator . . . Sorry about the Angry Cat. :o(
I am so sorry
Oh, ugh, I'm so sorry. But I'm keeping the mouse-bucket thing in mind in case we ever need it.
Post a Comment