Hello,
I ate some bad clams on Tuesday, so I missed class. Did we go over anything that wasn't in the class notes? Also, for tomorrow's test, should I study more from the notes or the readings? I'd appreciate your help.Thank you,
Destine Tieux Failleur
Dear Destine,
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Make sure you get Tuesday's notes from a classmate. My lectures follow the readings very closely, so either should be fine.Angry Professor

11 comments:
Did she say "I ate some bad clams?"
[Beavis and Butthead laugh] Clam. She said clam. [heh-heh-hehhehhehheh]
Did she write back to tell you her only friend in the class died from the eating the bad clams and they buried her with her notes from Tuesday? I'm just curious.
"Destine Tieux Failleur"
OMG...I am roaring at that fake name!
Brilliant! Kudos!
If this is the only time she was absent, why is she necessarily destined to fail?
Or is she one of those people who only show up to class to take an exam?
---Curious High School Student
(P.S- I love your blog by the way!! Keep 'em coming!)
Margarita - anyone who starts studying the day before an exam is destined to fail. Studying is something you're supposed to do every day.
AP,
At least the excuse is creative. And plausible. How would a poor college student afford good clams?
"I have too much homework in my other classes so I have missed your class all week, including the midterm. Please let me know how and when I can make it up."
you were much more polite about it than I would have been. Also, yea, she's destined to fail. I tried to study the night before a stats exam, and I got a D. But, I'm also a social science graduate, so I'm of the dreaded demographic.
The sad thing is that that would be one of my better students: at least she's making an effort. Mine would save the clams excuse for the test day itself.
Oh...I thought she had studied beforehand but was just pondering how to study the material for the last class she missed. My mistake there, I misunderstood. No, of course you're right, AP, you do have to study constantly.
---Margarita (previous poster)
destiné pour échouer? quel sujet est cette classe?
Post a Comment