Thursday, November 01, 2007

Now for a plague of boils.

From Cranky, some great news.

Thou hast forsaken me, saith the Lord, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.
And I will fan them with a fan in the gates of the land; I will bereave them of children, I will destroy my people, since they return not from their ways.
Jeremiah 15:6-7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!

Anonymous said...

Ya know how you go to a family reunion, and you sit all the way on the other end of the picnic tables because of "those" members of the family?

Yeah, it's kind of like that. Only for the rest of us Christians.

Professor Zero said...

This is OT but I thought of you today twice. Related to class, of course.

1. Student: Just because [writer] defended the right of women to an education and access to publication does not mean critics should accuse her of being feminist. This is unfair on their part - education is good!

2. Student, aged 25, on student apartment complex she is managing, populated by 500 18 year olds: "they spent a weekend in darkness because they did not know how to go to the Dollar Store and change a light bulb." I nearly fell on the floor. This of course more than explains #1.

Anonymous said...

I have a question for the folks at Westboro Baptist Church. What about the scripture, "God is Love"? This is 1 John 4:8 I really do not understand religious behaviour that contradicts the faith that the behaviour is supposed to be based on.