Monday, November 12, 2007

That sound you hear is my head hitting the wall.

From: Ann N. Seafallic
To: Angry Professor
Subject: Quiz

Dear Dr. Professor,

I was wondering what is going to be on the quiz tomorrow, what concepts and ideas we have to write about,

thanks, Ann

8 comments:

Bardiac said...

I think her twin brother sent me the same email this morning. :(

(I just noticed your sub-title, causing my colleague no little distress when I laughed alarmingly loudly!)

Not Important said...

Dear Angry Professor,

I have just finished on the potty, and I need someone to help me wipe. Can you?

Sincerely,
N. Titlement.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ann,

All the stuff that we talked about in class and that I said was going to be on the quiz. Those concepts and ideas.

Dr. Professor

William the Coroner said...

Yes, that's about it. Save and flunk.

Anonymous said...

I just flipped out on two of my classes for not reading. The first one, pretty standard. The second, I think they think I'm a lunatic. I feel like an idiot, and wonder how long it'll be before I'm fired. At this point, as much as I love being a professor . . . kind of looking forward to being given a burned out car in Detroit to live in. It might be better.

Miss Kitty said...

WtC: LOL!

AP, I love the pseudonyms you give your students. Priceless!

My afternoon Comp II class is performing similar Stupid Student Tricks as of late. [sigh]

Anonymous said...

My college days came late to me as I spent 10 years nailing boards together into houses before earning (and then inheriting) the wherewithal to attend a university and pursue my interest in plant systematics. There, I developed a deep disregard of the medical profession. I shared many courses with a claque of pre-meds which inevitably responded to the call for questions with, "Is this going to be on the test?" or, "How much of this do we have to know?"

Professor Zero said...

I should post about this but I am too tired, it is too baroque and involved but one of my worst students in a fairly basic course turns out not to need just a D to pass, but a C, because she is planning to get certified to teach in that subject.

She has managed to misrepresent her background in this field to three faculty members: all have been led to believe she has taken the prerequisites for this course, albeit some time ago, with credits on a junior college transcript which has not posted yet.

She does not accept that the content of those courses is still important in the rest of the sequence - just because you are a junior you cannot assume you no longer need the knowledge gained freshman year.

She wants to pass without learning the material because she needs to graduate and get a job teaching this material.

This is her minor subject area. Her major subject area is theology, where she wishes to preach ethics.